Electronics and Computer Software Export Promotion Council (ESC), sponsored by the Government of India is India’s largest Electronics and IT trade facilitation organization.
Ever since its inception in 1989 with an export performance of US$ 200 million, ESC has successfully steered the direction of India’s Electronics and Software Exports to achieve the export volumes of over US $ 56.33 billion during 2008-09. Under the aegis of the Council, the IT services exports have reached to over 200 countries across the world establishing the hallmark of India’s quality and competitiveness.
In an Industry where the degree of technological obsolescence is very high, ESC is striving hard to elevate India’s position in the international trading arena of the Electronic and Computer Software.
· ESC operates through State, Regional, Sectoral and Territorial Committees.
· The ESC Committees comprise of leading exporters and senior Government officials.
· ESC represents interests of Indian electronics and IT sector at Joint Trade Committees of Ministry of Commerce, Government of India as well as at Joint Business Councils of various countries.
· ESC has built a strong membership base of over 2300 manufacturers and exporters across the country covering the entire gamut of Electronics and Software Industry in the following areas :
ü Consumer Electronics
ü Electronic Components
ü Computer Hardware and Peripherals
ü Computer Software and IT Enabled Services
· ESC’s members together account for export worth US $ 48.2 billion (2007-08) and contribute over 16 per cent to national export earnings.
· Out of the total membership of ESC, about 70 per cent are small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
ESC Service Portfolio
ESC offers a varied set of services to its members for accelerating exports.
· ESC implements foreign assisted development programmes to facilitate :
ü Joint Ventures
ü Technical / Financial Collaborations
ü Strategic Alliances
· ESC undertakes Market Research / Studies in major overseas markets.
· To promote India’s electronics, software and IT trade, ESC facilitates participation
ü Global Trade Shows / Expositions
ü Conferences / Congress
· For enhancing the brand equity of Indian IT industry, ESC undertakes Publicity and Media Campaigns in overseas markets.
· ESC facilitates business interface between Indian and foreign companies through :
ü Buyer – Seller Meets
ü Receiving and Mounting Business Missions
ü Match-making and Contact Promotion
· For facilitating foreign trade, ESC provides on-line facility for Data Search, Information Dissemination and Broadcast .
· ESC locates new business partners for Indian electronics, computer software and IT companies.
ESC : A Catalyst for Global Firms
· ESC facilitates global interests of foreign companies interested in establishing business linkages in India.
· The package of services include :
ü Locating a reliable supplier of Made-in-India products
ü Providing up-to-date information on supply sourcing
ü Customized Services
ESC : Value-added Services
· ESC provides a set of value-added services to its members as well as overseas companies.
ü ESC has a critical mass of information on electronics, IT and services sectors.
ü ESC provides information at a single point
ü ESC acts as an Information Kiosk for small enterprises
ü ESC assists in moving up the value chain
How ESC Helps ?
ü Acts as a link between the Government and its members and provides a platform for interaction on policy issues.
ü Acts as a link between member companies and foreign companies in the business development process.
ü Identifies prospective markets and buyers for specific products and services offered by members.
ü Organizes promotional activities by way of participation in trade fairs and exhibitions, inviting foreign delegations, carrying on market surveys through delegations, sales and study teams and similar activities.
ü Implements Government assisted programmes such as MDA and MAI.